RE: Problem accessing internal server from inside via ISA 2000

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:23:53 -0500

Hi Tim,

"You Need a Split DNS!"

Check for article by that name.

Get the book!
http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7 <http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7>
MVP -- ISA Firewalls

        -----Original Message-----
        From: tim S [mailto:tim724342@xxxxxxxxx]
        Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 10:21 AM
        To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
        Subject: [isalist] RE: Problem accessing internal server from
inside via ISA 2000

        http://www.ISAserver.org
        Jim,
        I would really appreciate if you can clarify the "it isn't
supported" statement. Because if I type www.company.com, which is
published internally behind the firewall, my web browser can
successfully go to the external NIC IP and come in to the webserver and
retrives the pages.  But some https sites have problem.  Thanks

        Jim Harrison <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

                http://www.ISAserver.org

                One other point of clarification:
                Internal clients should NEVEREVEREVER connect to an ISA
external IP to reach an internal resource.

                Stop doing that.
                It won't work.
                It isn't supported.

                Jim Harrison
                MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
                http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
                http://isatools.org
                Read the help / books / articles!

                On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:32:25 -0500
                "Michael Ellis" wrote:
                http://www.ISAserver.org

                One point of clarification - the client application uses
the IP address of
                the public side of the firewall - no DNS is involved in
this case.

                Michael Ellis