RE: Problem accessing internal server from inside via ISA 2000

  • From: "Michael Ellis" <isalist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:04:31 -0500

Can you or someone else on the list provide information or a pointer to a
resource with information about setting up an internal Win 2K3 DNS server to
provide alternate addresses for certain host names?  I already have an
internal server working for the domain name "hsv.pesa.com".  This resolves
all internal names and forwards everything else to our ISP's DNS servers.
Our public domain is "pesa.com".  How do I make my local DNS server provide
an internal address for "mail.pesa.com" while allowing the external DNS
server to resolve everything else at pesa.com?

I looked at Tom's article on split DNS and that seems to cover the situation
where you use the same domain name both internally and externally.  The
solution provided in that article requires two separate DNS servers.  Since
I do not use the same domain name in both places the article would not seem
to apply to my situation.

Thanks,
Michael Ellis