Photo Leaching

  • From: "Wayne Berry" <wayne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:25:11 -0800

ISAList:

From time to time, I have wised that I had a tool to prevent Blogs, eBay,
and other unscrupulous web sites from using my web site images while
allowing patrons of my web site to see those images.  I know anyone can copy
images off my web site, however what I want is not to have to pay for the
bandwidth of serving those images for someone's site where they are linking
them inside their pages.  I know that I can program something like this,
however does ISA server have this kind of setting for HTTP traffic.
Basically (The Setting/Filter) would determine if the response is an image
and return 404 is the Refferrer request header is not from the same domain
as the host header for the image request.

So:

1)       Anyone else think that this is a good idea?

2)       Is there a free tool, ISA Setting, or has someone else programmed
this type of thing?

-Wayne