RE: Outlook WebAccess the solution!

  • From: Glenn Maks <gmaks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 14:07:55 -0400

If you have a router in front of your ISA server and you want to publish
your internal OWA service, include in the destination set your internal
server, but remember, from
the Internet, any service you offer must have a valid routable IP address,
typically these are the IP addresses that are assigned to your organization
by your Internet Service
Provider, now you have two options here, if you want you can push these
services using DNS and have your external interface of your ISA server be
the IP address for your
OWA clients, OR, you can use your router to perform IP forwarding, and
redirect your OWA clients to your ISA server, basically, you take an
available IP address from the
range that was assigned you, push your OWA service using DNS, "if you want"
not necessary though, then put a IP forward statement in your router's ACL
to redirect
the service to your ISA server. I hope I am not confusing you. But your
answer is Yes, use your internal server. I mentioned router stuff because
reading your earlier post
you mentioned that you have your ISA behind a router, so always remember if
things don't work from the Internet to your ISA server, you have a router
that might be
filtering that service. Just a reminder, that is all.

Subject: [isalist] RE: Outlook WebAccess the solution!

http://www.ISAserver.org

I apologize for the ignorance I must be displaying.  The FQDN of the
external IP of my ISA server is different than the name of the webserver.
Will that make a difference?  Should the destination set contain the name of
my internal webserver or the FQDN of the External IP?