Outlook Express & ISA

  • From: "B" <boshkov@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:06:07 -0600

I have an issue here that I have never seen before...I am just wondering
if anyone can help. This was not a problem when the ISA Server was
connected to the Internet with and ISDN line. It just started when I
installed the new T1 line with a Cisco 2600 router.

The problem arises when i try to send email using outlook express. I
receive an error message 10053 and then mail is not able to be sent. I
have protocol rules based on user group created. If I have the firewall
client enabled and have the rule enabled based on user group, I am not
able to send mail. But if I create a rule that allows all access and
disable the firewall client I am able to send email.

Like I said, this issue appeared when I installed the T1...

This is the error message that I am getting:
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
inactivity. Subject 'Re: Re:', Account: 'Sequoia Mail', Server:
'mail.advdata.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F...

I am also seeing in the packet filtering log that there are alot of
blocked instances for my IP address....Which should not be the case
because my logon ID is part of the group that should have full Internet
Access.

Any Help will be greatly appreciated....

Thanks,