Outbound access on port 25 with Mail Publish Rule

  • From: "Joseph Kerr" <jkerr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:08:35 -0700

Hi all,

I have an email content scanner between my Exchange box and my email
gateway (ISA IN FIREWALL MODE). I have set up, via the Secure Mail Server
wizard, this is represented below :

mymailserver -FWD/RCV ON 25 TO- mycontentscanner -FWD/RCV ON 25 TO- ISA
-PUBLISH/RCV ON 25

Ican telneton 25 into my content scanner to ensure inbound delivery, but
cannot telnet out on 25, my ISP informs me an etrn request is needed to
dequeue our mail but this fails also. I can however ping our ISP mail
server from the content scanner.

Do I need to do anything else ?

Please help

Joe