OWA Publishing

  • From: "Spencer Read \(Nemesis\)" <ser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:40:52 -0000

First of all, I'm sorry to raise this sore point again but .....

I followed Tom's guide from
http://www.isaserver.org/articles/2004pubowartm.html to publish my OWA
site and all was working fine when I first installed it.  I could access
the OWA site from externally and internally with no problems whatsoever.

Then I rebooted my ISA server (Can't remember why!) and now externally I
can't connect.
The error I get is 'Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. The
certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.
(-2146893019)'

I found a message
http://www.adminlife.com/247reference/msgs/6/31593.aspx saying to
'Obtain the CA cert from the SBS2K3 server and install it in the ISA
local machine store trusted root certs' - I have done this (but not from
an SBS2K3, from my exchange server) and still no good.

I have also re-exported and re-imported the cert, restarted the ISA
server again and still I get the same error.

In the mean time, if I connect via VPN or connect from the local network
it works fine.

I searched for any other possible reasons using google and M$
knowledgebase but still can't find the fault.

Does anyone know what I have done wrong and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks

..Spence