RE: OWA Publishing

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 09:47:16 -0500

Hi David,
What I'm thinking of is a more conventional AV for OWA connections
bridged by the ISA firewall. So, during the period that the information
is unencrypted at the ISA firewall, it could be exposed to to the AV
scanner. Now, the application would have to understand how OWA
encapsulates the messages and attachments, and then return it to ISA to
re-encrypt and forward to the the OWA server on the corporate network.

From a programming perspective, would such an exercise significantly
deviate from what you do with more conventional AV scanners for Web
downloads? Would it even be possble?

Thanks!

Tom
www.isaserver.org/shinder