RE: Network load balancer

  • From: "Jason Ballard" <jasonb54@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 14:02:57 -0400

Abdul,

NLB will only help if the NIC or server crash on one of the two servers.
Only then will requests failover to the second ISA Server.  If the ISA
service is stopped on one box, but the NIC is still running, NLB will
direct users to that server and will receive errors in the browser that
the content is unavailable.  I don't know how much money you have to
spend but NetIQ's AppManager product could help you with this situation.
Unfortunately NLB is only going to help you at the Network layer, not
the application layer.

Jason