Re: Need clarity on ISA clients

  • From: "shane mullins" <tsmullins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 21:50:25 -0400

Hey Marv,

    I find it is easiest just to make people Secure Nat clients.  If you use
dhcp, just point everybodys gateway to the internal ip address of your ISA
box and set the clients DNS servers.  No clients, no fuss.  Just plug in and
go.  Just remember, with secure nat clients the clients must be able to
resolve DNS on their own.  With Web Proxy and Firewall the ISA box does it
for them.

Hope this helps,

Shane