RE: NT Server looses Domain Account..

  • From: "Jay" <jschwarzkopf@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 22:29:00 -0400

you don't need the AD client software for the NT server to join a 2000
domain.
Nor would native mode prevent a legacy client from joining the domain (it
would prevent an NT BDC).

What is the exact error you are seeing?

If its just that the NT server can't find the domain controller it may be
something as simple as resolution of the <1B> NetBIOS record.  If that is
the case, try adding an lmhosts file with the following:

ip address   "domain         \0x1b"  #PRE

-Make sure that PRE and the domain are capitalized.
-Make sure that the "\" is the 16th character.
-Run nbtstat -R