RE: More than 1 Internet connection on LAN

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 08:43:48 -0500

Hi David,

I answer from my long expereince dealing with these questions. What
happens after you provide simple dead gateway detection is:

1. They want to fail back to the original connection
2. They want to use per protocol policy based routing
3. They want their publishing rules to work on both connections
4. They want the ISA firewall services to report and be aware of link
availability
5. They want to aggregate bandwidth for all links
6. They want to prioritize traffic to the most efficient link
7. They want to load balacing traffic based on link utilization
8. They want it all for free :-)

That's why I nip the issue in the bud by starting with RainConnect.

http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7 <http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7>
MVP -- ISA Firewalls