Mail forwarders in DMZ

  • From: "cismic" <cismic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:01:44 -0700

Hello All,

Now that w3k seems to have RPC Mail via HTTP, is it still a good idea to
have mail forwarders in the DMZ for a back to back setup?
I've decided to give Linux with send mail as relay machines a try.  For
not particular reason I guess except that I wanted to learn how
to utilize send mail as relays to internal network.

So, to work on this I'm going to bring my entire super computer network
<grin> down tonight in about an hour or so to install this
configuration. Besides, I've not been home but 80 days in the last year!
Now that I have time on my hands I'm truly trying to get some
obligations complete!

Thank you,

Joseph