RE: MTU Size

  • From: "josephk" <josephk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:04:33 -0700

Hi Amy,
You actually specify MTU size based on the TCP/IP parameters for the NIC
cards in the machine.
You can modify the following script to help you make those adjustments.
Thank you,

Joseph
'****************************************************************"
' Module/Class: UpdateMTU.vbs
'
' Version:     1.00.0000"
'
'
' Last update: 06/12/2004 Joseph Kravis(josephk@xxxxxxxxx)"
' Last Time  :
'
' Notes:  from the command line run as: cscript.exe UpdateMTU.vbs
'
' ** REVISIONS**"
'
' Date      By         Description"
' --------  ---------- ------------------------------------------"
' See individual subs for revision information"
'****************************************************************"

const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002
strComputer = "."
Set StdOut = WScript.StdOut

'***
' Set WMI to impersonate at the root defalut level for reading selected
key
'***
Set oReg=GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" &
strComputer & "\root\default:StdRegProv")

strKeyPath =
"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces"
oReg.EnumKey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, strKeyPath, arrSubKeys

'***
'Retreive the sub keys for looking at DHCP and IP address fields
'***

'***
' For each interface sub key process values we are looking for (DHCP and
IP)
'***
For Each subkey In arrSubKeys

    StdOut.WriteLine " "
    StdOut.WriteLine "New Interface " & subkey

        '***
        'Retreive the sub keys for passed in subkey data
        '***
        strKeyPathB =
"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces" & "\" &
subKey
        oReg.EnumValues HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, strKeyPathB, arrValueNames,
arrValueTypes

        StdOut.WriteLine strKeyPathB

        For i=0 To UBound(arrValueNames)
            oReg.GetExpandedStringValue HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, strKeyPathB,
arrValueNames(i) , strValue

                '***
                ' If we have either a DHCP or IP address
                '***
                IF arrValueNames(i) = "DhcpIPAddress" or
arrValueNames(i) = "IPAddress" Then
                        '***
                        ' If we have either a DHCP or IP values add the
MTU keyword
                        '***
                        IF strValue <> "" or strValue <> "0.0.0.0"  THEN
                            StdOut.WriteLine "Value Name: " &
arrValueNames(i) & " = " &  strValue

                            strValueName = "MTU"
                            dwValue = 1440