RE: MTU Size

  • From: "Amy Babinchak" <amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:26:10 -0400

Here is the amusing information I received from the State of Florida
when I attempted to get firewall configuration information from them for
the web app that the State of Florida uses so companies can submit sales
tax payments. They told me that they were going to email over everything
I need to configure ISA Server.  Here it is. Tom, why so many pages in
your book? I hate calling tech support. Thank goodness for websites like
ISAserver and this list.

Microsoft ISA (Internet Security and Acceleration)

All of the following information was taken from Microsoft's site at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312624

*        To install ISA Server as a firewall:

Click Start, click Run, type cmd in the Open text box, and then click
OK.
At a command prompt, type Path\ISA\i386\Msisaent.exe (where Path is the
path to the ISA Server installation files) Note that the path may be the
root folder of the ISA Server CD-ROM or a shared folder on your network
that contains the ISA Server files.
Click Continue in the Microsoft ISA Server Setup dialog box.
Read the End User License Agreement (EULA), and then click I Agree.
Depending on your needs, click one of the installation options.
Click Firewall mode, and then click Continue.
When you are prompted to allow Setup to stop the Internet Information
Service (IIS) services, click OK.
To automatically construct an Internet protocol (IP) address, click
Construct Table, click the network card that is associated with your
server, and then click OK.
Click OK to start the Configuration Wizard.

*        To configure firewall protection:

Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft ISA Server, and then
click ISA Management.
In the console tree, click to expand server_name\Access Policy (where
server_name is the name of the server), right click IP Packet Filters,
point to New, and then click Filter.
In the IP packet filter name box, type the name of the packet that you
want to filter, and then click Next.
Click either to Allow or Block to either allow or block the packet, and
then click Next.
Accept the Predefined option, and then click Next.
Click the option for the way that you want the packet filter to be
applied, and then click Next.
Click the remote computer, and then click Next.
Click Finish.
NOTE: You can edit the properties for other services such as Dynamic
Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Domain Name System (DNS) if you
double-click the service in the Configuration box.

Amy