MSDE sp2? Do I need to install this?

  • From: "Paul Laudenslager" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:24:47 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I've got ISA 2004 Enterprise Edition upgraded with ISA's service pack 2.

Do I also need to install the MSDE's service pack 4?

If so, when I go to install it, it tells me....

"A strong SA password is required for security reasons.  Please use SAPWD
switch to supply the same.  Refer to readme for more details.  Setup will
now exit."

I've tried using Microsoft's Article #322336 to reset the password.
However, it seems that I don't know what the current password has been set
to in order to change it.

BTW, how can you tell the name of the MSDE instances running on a box?

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Your friends in Virginia,
Paul & Susan Laudenslager