RE: MSDE sp2? Do I need to install this?

  • From: "Peter Pape" <papexpjboi@xxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:16:20 -0700

Hi Paul,

As far as the second part of your question goes, you can tell the name of the SQL/MSDE instance by using either SQL Server Enterprise Manager or using the services MMC plug in.

SQL Enterprise Manager (if available to you) will list each instance of SQL/MSDE running on a server.  The default instance is identified by the name of the server.  Named instances are listed by the 'severname\instancename' convention.

The services snap-in could be used if Enterprise Manager is not available to you.  The default instance of SQL/MSDE run as a MSSQLServer.  A named instance runs as MSSQL$instancename

As far as the service pack goes, I'm afraid I can't be much help on that question other than to say it would be best to install SP4.

Peter

From: "Paul Laudenslager" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: <support-team@xxxxxxxxxxxx>