M$ NLB vs. RainWall for ISA

  • From: Paul Berg <frogman1370@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:04:46 -0800 (PST)

Tom,

I was very impressed with the presentation that you gave yesterday with the
Rainwall product.  The only thing that really caught my eye in the difference
of Microsoft's Load Balancing was that it was unable to fault tolerent if an
ISA service was to fail (without configuring HTTPmon).  My question is:  Does
the cost of RainWall justify the cost of having to upgrade a server to Windows
2000 Advance in order to do Network Load Balancing.

Exactly what is the cost in licensing Rainwall, by the way?

Paul