RE: Linksys in front of ISA...

  • From: Marvin Cummings <MarvinC@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:22:59 -0400

So the linksys stays. If this is the case how do I know if this thing
is configured correctly? Take for example my external NIC:
IP: 192.168.1.x
SM: 255.255.255.0
GW: 192.168.1.1

The ISA server is a different IP and the secureNAT clients use it as
the gateway. Even though I have Internet connectivity, I still have to
ask if this setup is correct?
Also
Being that I'm using a dynamic connection what external IP do I use?
Should I use the one that's listed in the linksys setup page or the
static one I assigned to the external NIC?
Sorry if these questions seem basic but my thinking was that the
linksys would no longer be needed.

Thnks