Limiting Internet access for some users

  • From: "Art DeKneef" <artdekneef@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 15:15:28 -0700

After reading the book and following along here I didn't think I would
have any trouble. Boy, was I wrong.

What I want to do is:
1. Allow most users full access.
2. Limit access to some users to Internet access only and during certain
hours.

Pure Windows 2000 environment, everything working fine, all clients have
the firewall client. Everything is current with SPs and hot fixes.

I disabled the allow all default Site & Content Rule and created an
allow all rule for certain users and a deny rule for those 'special'
people.

I have the Protocol rules for the Allow all group as: allow-all
IP-always-the specific users listed.

The other Protocol Rule is: allow-selected protocols-limited
schedule-the specific users listed.

Needless to say, I tried all kinds of different allow-deny combinations,
HTTP redirector enabled-disabled, and I get either an all or nothing
access.

So I thought I would seek some guidance since I'm missing something big
time. Anyone have any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? Or what I
need to do to make it work?

Thanks

Art DeKneef