Land Attack when sending mail to a specific domain name

  • From: "Wayne Small" <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 17:08:43 +1000

Hi All,

I have a strange scenario in which I am getting the message below only
when I send email to one of my customers domains.  I have an SBS 2000
box and the customer has NT4+MSX 5.5.  I don't get this message when I
send to other similar customers, only this one.  Any ideas on why?

Subject: ISA Server alert: An intrusion was attempted by an external
user.

ISA Server name: SERVER1
ISA Server detected a land attack on Internet Protocol (IP) address
192.168.100.1.

The 192.168.100.1 address is on my 2nd NIC which connects to my ISDN
router - the router maps it to a public address.

Thanks in advance
Wayne Small