RE: Land Attack when sending mail to a specific domain name

  • From: "Wayne Small" <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 06:42:04 +1000

Anthony,

I believe that I have the answer to this now.  Both our server and the
clients have the same private IP behind our router, and I guess that
this is being kept within the packet structure at some level and this is
why our server think's it is being attacked.  At least that's the answer
I came up with.

Regards,
Wayne Small MCSE+I
Correct Solutions Pty Ltd