Isa server service cannot create a packet filter

  • From: "hanan" <nouran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:10:02 +0100

Hi

I have error event id 14120 sources: Microsoft web proxy:
Isa server service cannot create a packet filter (public ip address) this
event occur when there is a conflict between the local address table LAT
configuration and the windows 2000 routing table, check the routing table
and the LAT to find the source of conflict

In the TechNet I found this event solution as the following:

Resolution

Although you can ignore this event, you can also resolve this behavior. To
do so, on the DNS server that is being used for internal name resolution,
create a host record (A record) for the fully qualified domain name that is
used by internal users and that resolves to the internal IP address or the
IP address of the Web server on which the Web site is hosted
I checked the LAT in isa and I didn?t found any thing strange the range of
ip addresses are only the internal ip address, I checked the routing table
and I found the public ip address that is mentioned in the event as
destination network with 127.0.0.1 as gateway
There is no conflict between the LAT and routing table
I checked DNS to see if the A record is there for the web server domain, no
problem I found it
Could you please help, to know from where is the problem?

hanan