Protocol rules

  • From: "Mark Strangways" <strangconst@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 23:26:27 -0500

Hi List,

Is it just me, I mean it's been a tough weekend and all but has anyone ever
noticed how the relative order of protocol rules will affect the  operation
of the firewall clients ?
I was trying to get an app ported thru on 5503 TCP, so I made a rule. Simple
enough...
But it never seemed to take affect until I changed it's name by adding an A
to the front if it. Thereby putting it at the start of the list.
I do not have any deny rules even near this port range. So it cannot be a
deny rule causing the grief.
I suppose there could be a rule that is intercepting the port before it got
to my dedicated rule for that application. I noticed that with my testing
with kazza rules.

Interested in your responses.

Mark S