Internal ip address cant be published

  • From: Tim Guy <Tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:05:19 -0000

I have been trying to publish an SMTP server.

The server concerned is an Exchange server, plus it runs DHCP for our
network.

Or though the isa server can ping the exchange server and in actual fact can
also telnet port 25 on the exchange server from the ISA console, once I
publish it, I can not connect to it from an external ip address.

I redirected the publish to another Exchange server within the office and
that picks up ok.

Interestingly enough, the ISA cant get and give out a DHCP address when
someone VPN's into the network.

I've also tried to publish a web site from the exchange server just to see
if it would work. This doesn't either.

Any ideas? All the internal machines just run on a 192.168.1.xxx. The one
that doesn't work is 192.168.1.11 the one that does its 192.168.1.67. The
router being 192.168.1.4. So there's no hardship there.

It's really strange.

Tim