ISA2004 startup ipsec filter

  • From: "Michael Bertelsen" <mbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 06:53:35 -0700

Hi

I have a somewhat chicken and egg problem, that I could use some help
with.

I am deploying a RainFinity RainWall ISA 2004 Cluster solution.
And have been working for several hours with Rainwall European support
today. Without reaching a solution yet.

The problem:
RainWall Service needs to communicate with the other cluster nodes over
UDP to start.
The Microsoft Firewall depends on the virtual ip-adresses for its server
publishing to succeed.
And the ISA 2004 IPSEC startup filter blocks all traffic (including the
RainWall cluster communication) until the Firewall Service is started.

Does anybody know to customize the IPSEC startup filter, inorder to allow
the Rainwall cluster communication ?
Or can this even be done ? (never mind the security implications for now,
this is only for lab testing for now)

Regards,

Michael