ISA uninstalled however proxy remains

  • From: "Michael Wardlaw" <mwardlaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:19:02 -0700

I have uninstalled ISA server as ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) was
required to run on our Windows 2000 Small Business Server box.  I
uninstalled ISA by running through the standard uninstall wizard through
Add/Remove programs.  Now we are using ICS the proxy server address has
changed from http://server_name to proxy.isp_name.com.  The difficulty I
am having is that clients on the network are still picking up the old
proxy server address which is changing the proxy address (in IE connection
tab) back to old address.  This has even occured after fresh client
installs with no client proxy software installed.

Why is the proxy still pointing to the old address even after uninstall of
ISA?  How can this be fixed?

Kind regards,

Michael