RE: !!!! ISA server Strange problem !!!!

  • From: "John Tolmachoff" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 07:55:48 -0700

>I don't know if this is the total problem, but your DNS is not properly
configured for >Active Directory. All of your DNS settings should be
pointing towards the DNS server >you have configured to support your AD.

>Then if necessary set up forwarders to the outside to resolve external
URL's. You >may also have to configure your filters to allow for DNS
lookups to your designated >forwarder. You could also just allow your
internal DNS to do the recursive lookups >for you, but there is much
less traffic across your firewall when a forwarder is used.

>An active directory domain controller should never point to a DNS
server that >doesn't contain its specific SRV records.

I concur.

If there is a DNS problem, that can lead to other problems.

Fix the DNS settings then observe.

BTW, you must set up forwards to view other Internet pages.

John Tolmachoff
IT Manager, Network Engineer
RelianceSoft, Inc.
Fullerton, CA  92835