ISA in a complex environment

  • From: "Bogdan Florin" <florinb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 02:44:37 +0300

We design our own DVB platform using MS software. Unfortunately I face
few problems.

1.      For an easier understanding I will give joust an example: I have
one machine with one NIC, RRAS and ISA setup on the same computer. RRAS
it is setup to provide a real internet range of ip. All that IP are
correctly routed till that ISA machine. After a client correctly
establish the VPN, after he got one real IP, after he can ping the RRAS
server, the client it is not able to done anything more, the client can
not browse and can not ping anything from internet. I create two rules
into SITE AND CONTENT and PROTOCOL RULES, totally 4 rules. One based on
the client IP and one based on client username, both on each machine. On
the other hand if he can browse I can not see his connection in ISA
management. I se only his VPN in RRAS but I need to see in ISA
management since Isa logs his traffic intro databases.

2.      Another issue I encounter: I have 3 ISA servers with 2 NIC
adapters on motherboard and one special INTEL SERVER NIC. After
clustering this Array the VIRTUAL adapter who it is created it have the
same IP settings on all machines and I receive in Event long an error
message that the "other machines with the same name have been found on
the network" If someone experience such configuration I will be very
glad to hear some advices.

To resume: my biggest issue it is that I can not see the traffic made by
a RRAS client customer. I mention than the RRAS cusstomer it got real Ip
after vpn it is established.

I look forward to receive your considerations. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Bogdan Florin
manager
BizarNet - Satellite Internet Services