[isalist] ISA Web Filtering Software...

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:03:04 -0500

I'm looking for recommendations on web filtering software for the ISA
server.  With SurfControl being bought out by WebSense, it is time to
start looking at possible alternatives.    While they will continue
supporting current SurfControl customers for a few more years, it also
means that if a new release of ISA server comes out we cannot upgrade
(right now we're running ISA2006).

Originally we were hoping to go with GFI WebFilter, but after getting a
quote we decided not to go that route (it costs literally 10 times more
than SurfControl!).  So, we're back to the search, and looking for good
replacements.

We ran across this website listing a bunch of different products, and I
would like to know any comments you guys have about the different
products, both good and bad.

http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/partners/accesscontrol.mspx