ISA Server is a DHCP Client, can't renew its lease

  • From: "Joel Mansford" <Joel.Mansford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 17:59:13 -0000

I am running dual-homed ISA Server (standard) which one NIC on a fixed
private IP, and the second NIC set to DHCP attached to a cable modem.
My ISP issue 4 hour leases.

My problem is this, during bootup the machine requests and accepts a
DHCP offer without problem, however once the machine has fully booted it
is unable to renew the lease.  Thus, the server needs booting every 4
hours.

I have looked at the traffic on the Public NIC using network monitor,
and can see the DHCP Offer packets, I believe ISA Server is stopping
them coming through.  The DHCP Client packet filter is ENABLED.

I have tried applying ISA SP1, but that errors with "ISA Server not
installed" !

Any suggestions which don't involve rebuilding, greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Joel.

P.S. Due to a funny during installation, the system drive is on F:.

This e-mail has been scanned for all known viruses by Star Internet on behalf
of The Instrumental Media Group.  Whilst every care has been taken to ensure
this message is virus-free, neither Star Internet or The Instrumental Media
Group can be held responsible for any virus it may contain.