RE: ISA Server 2004 (Beta) Problems?

  • From: "William T. Holmes" <wtholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISAserver.org Discussion List" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:19:27 -0500

Hi,

I got connection by adding a new URL set under the Firewall Policy
Toolbox. I included *.symantec.com as URLs included in this set. Next I
started Edit System Policy, and in the dialog I added my new URL set
under various and Allowed Sites.

It seems reasonable and prudent to prevent random sites from being
accessed from the ISA server, so I will try it this way for a while. If
I configure the rule you suggested won't that allow full web access?  It
seems that by default Microsoft only allows access to their own sites.

After applying I could access the Symantec websites from the ISA server.
I was also able to perform a live update to the local client but I get
an error when I try the same with the Antivirus Server itself. I may
have a configuration issue with SAV that I have to track down.

Bill