RE: ISA Network Elements and System Network Interfaces

  • From: "Geldrop, Paul van" <paul.van.geldrop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 22:33:33 +0100

Hi Tom,

I'd ask you to describe to us all the lovely benefits of a unihomed ISA server,
but I'm afraid you'd choke on the first sentence. ;)

Gerald, unihomed systems are severely crimped in their functionality; it
basically reduces all the lovely sparkle that is ISA 2004 to a mere heap of
simple proxy and caching services. Judging from your post, that doesn't quite
sound like your goal. So, let's not torment Tom any longer and put that second
NIC in there!

Regards,

Paul.

PS: Definitely read those books. :P Books are your friend. They'll love you,
milk your cats, feed your children and vacuum the house.