RE: ISA Network Elements and System Network Interfaces

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:09:19 -0600

Hi Jerry,

Yes, it'll do that with a single NIC.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/drisa/
MVP -- ISA Firewalls
**Who is John Galt?**

________________________________

        From: Young, Gerald G [mailto:Gerald.Young@xxxxxxxxxx]
        Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 4:02 PM
        To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
        Subject: [isalist] RE: ISA Network Elements and System Network
Interfaces

        http://www.ISAserver.org

        Bummer.

        In any case, I'm going to get a second NIC brought up on that
box and have it configured correctly.  The only thing we're using it for
is to provide HTTPS connectivity to an OWA box in our trusted network.
So you're saying that even on a uni-homed box, ISA will still decrypt an
HTTPS connection, inspect the HTTP traffic, encrypt it again, and send
it back to the OWA box just fine?

        Cordially yours,
        Jerry G. Young II
          MCSE (4.0/W2K)
        Atlanta EES Implementation Team Lead
        HHS Engineering
        Unisys

        11493 Sunset Hills Rd.
        Reston, VA 20190
        Office: 703-579-2727
        Cell: 703-625-1468

        THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE
PROPRIETARY MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended recipient.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
e-mail and its attachments from all computers.