RE: ISA Disaster Recovery design

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:37:00 -0500

Hi Steve,

You can use NLB, but you're not going to find a solution to make up for
restarting the browser. However, given the fact that the Internet is
inherently unreliable, I never thought of this as a major problem.

Note that NLB and Web Proxy are not really two great tastes that taste
great together. NLB is useful for SecureNAT clients and I've got to work
well with Firewall clients, but if you want to fully utilize the CARP
mechanism, you gain nothing from NLB.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder