Re: ISA Configuration Backup and Restore problem

  • From: Jim Harrison <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 06:33:34 -0800

The ISA backup file only works for the same installation of ISA.
If you try to use it on another server, or on the same server with a new ISA
installation, it'll fail.

  Jim Harrison
  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
  http://isatools.org
  Read the help / books / articles!

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 03:53:33 -0700
 "MS-Khan" <mobassir_sattar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.ISAserver.org

hello

I was running IsA server and i also took its Configuration backup when it
full configured with my recuierments. Last day i reinstall my windows
server with same Ip and Computer name, and  ISA server in integrated mode.
but when i am trying to restore isa configuration backup file
(08-12-03.bif)its give me following error

The Opration Failed
Error  0x80040384
When i click under Detail -->
The array configuration cannot be restored since there is a mismatch
between the current array configuration and the restored array
configuration

i also tried some old backup files and backup file of anothre ISA server,
but with all files its give same above error
some one tell me what can be reason.