RE: ISA Authentication

  • From: Milan Göllner <milan.goellner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:11:56 +0200

Hi Tom, Zye,

I think I'm talking apps, not sites. For example, when I look at ISA's log for
MS Update client I see requests from the machine the client runs on, even with
a logged on user, without authentication information. So in an ISA setup with
authentication enabled this would bounce off ISA and be rejected. However, if I
add the extra rule allowing unauthenticated traffic to the MS sites in question
MS Update works fine. The request is still the same, only now ISA accepts it, I
don't see the site being involved in this at all. I have no clue about hotmail
or OE though, I'm not using either except for my passport account :-)

I think that Zye is looking for something similar, be it http or ftp,
essentially the solution seems to be something like this, allow unauthenticated
traffic for certain locations using specified protocols originating from a few
select hosts only. I think :-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
kind regards,

Milan Göllner