ISA 2004 Ent. Ed. NLB VPN Error

  • From: "Jim Huntington" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 11:54:35 +0100

Hi Guys,

I have a test ISA 2004 Enterprise Array set up with two servers in the
array and NLB enabled and configured on the Internal and External
networks. As soon as I set up a VPN Remote Site (site-site connection
using IPSEC tunnel mode as my remote sites use 3rd Party VPN servers)
and then configure a 'route' relationship with the Internal network I
get the following warning message;

An inconsistency in the Network Load Balancing (NLB) configuration may
result in inconsistent  handling of traffic between networks 'Test VPN
Network' and network 'Test Internal Network'. When a network rule
specifying a route relationship is defined between two networks, NLB
must be enabled (or disabled) on both  networks. To enable NLB for IPsec
remote site networks, enable NLB on the network containing  the local
tunnel endpoint. To enable NLB for VPN site-to-site and VPN client
networks,  enable NLB on the selected access networks. Alternatively,
for VPN Client network, you can  designate a router for routing traffic
according to the static address pool.

I have double checked all the things this message asks me to but still
keep getting this message. All services run OK and NLB is definitely
configured and running on both the Internal and External interfaces.
Please can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,

Jim