RE: IP Routing does NOT work

  • From: "Nigel Carroll" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 23:25:02 +0800

Thanks for your input everyone.
Yes Jim you are right - what you have drawn below is REALLY how I should
be using the 2 subnets.

I was trying to get away with NOT using a router and thought that
putting a static route in RRAS would route the packets (received from
the ISP\GW on subnet1 but destined for subnet2) backout ISA's external
NIC (to the hub) where it could then be received by the 2nd PC on
subnet2.

As someone else pointed out to me the only way to use the 2nd subnet
without a router is to attach the 2nd PC (in subnet 2) to a hub
connected to ISA's INTERNAL NIC NOT the EXTERNAL NIC as I have been
trying to do.

Haven't had time to try this yet but this should work I'm told.
Thanks for your help - much appreciated.
Nigel