How to double the net speed (A conceptual question)

  • From: "Arsalan Ahmad" <us97013@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 06:07:03 +0500

MessageHi all,

Now a days i m looking for different approaches among the following to double
my net speed. Plz do read these different approaches and do tell me whether
they r applicable or not. Here i would like to mention one thing that i m using
ISA server on Win2000 server which is the only dhcp and dns server in my LAN
and i m using dialup account as my primary and only internet connection.

Approach 1:

Install another server as ISA server in addition to the one that i already had
i.e. use array of ISA server with 2nd server using another dialup account. Will
this appraoch doubles the internet speed?

Approach 2:

Can I install two modems on my only ISA server and use them both to dial out to
two different dialup accounts. Is it applicable? and whether it will double my
internet speed or not?

Approach 3:

 Is there any possibility that i installed two NIC cards in my ISA server one
connected to internat LAN and other connected to external Lan and i also setup
a modem and dialup account. Is it possible to use both extenal NIC
card(connected to external LAN) and dialpup account simultaneously and whether
it will double my internet speed ot not?

Thanks in advance.