RE: How to block outside IP Addresses

  • From: "Peter J. Persing" <Peter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 07:59:11 -0700

Sure. I don't think it's exactly what you want, but I don't know what's
in your address list. Create a packet filter. In filter type select
custom, make it inbound, local port - all ports, remote port - all
ports. Select any address on your list for the remote computer and of
course your external address for this computer interface. Click finish.
one address before you will see another option "this range of
computers". In this field you can select anything from a small subnet to
a full class A subnet or more. For instance to block 212.0.0.0 through
213.255.255.255 select 212.0.0.0 with a mask of 254.0.0.0. After you see
it's working uncheck the logging option and you won't even see traffic
matching this filter in the log.

Pete