How can I add additional SSL port?

  • From: Don Blackshear <don.blackshear@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:26:50 -0700

major customer of ours has a site that requires us to open SSL 443 (Bi) and
SSL on higher ports 10051 and 10052 (outbound).

According to info in the SDK, I assume I might be able to do this with the
following:

set isa=CreateObject ("FPC.Root")

set
tprange=isa.Arrays.GetContainingArray.ArrayPolicy.WebProxy.TunnelPortRanges

set tmp=tprange.AddRange ("SSL 10051", 10051, 10051)

set tmp=tprange.AddRange ("SSL 10052", 10052, 10052)

tprange.Save

The SDK info goes on the mention setting the above up as a VBScript, but
says nothing on how to open these port for outbound vs. inbound or Bi.

I am a total 2 day old Firewall and ISA novice and not a VB guy.

1. Am I on the right track?

2. Is there a way to qualify the added SSL port for outbound only?

3. Can I key the set statements in another way (command prompt) instead of
having to use VB?

4. Once these higher level port are added and open, would Web Proxy Clients
have access through them?

Thanks

Don Blackshear

 <mailto:don.blackshear@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> don.blackshear@xxxxxxxxxxxxx