Here we go again !

  • From: "cdawkins" <cdawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 07:01:36 -0600

OK !!!

Lets start again.

Brand new Firewall installation on PIII with 512mb memory etc etc.

New OWA web publishing rule installed which at the moment is not specific
to OWA but to any request pointing to our internal Exch 2000 mail server.

We have 1 external IP address 10.0.0.1 which is linked to our ADSL router
(which of course has the real fixed IP address)

Questions

1.I assume I set the external address to the Interface address (10.0.0.1)
and not the real IP address?

2. How do I set up the listeners, authentication etc?

3. Why do I have to disable my packet (default) filters in order to talk
stop it from blocking every incoming packet? I thought the Web publishing
rule took care of that?

4. I currently have my DNS on another providers connection so I cant use
that which means that I am using the IP address (this is only temporary).
Would it be better to specify the IP address in the Destination set rather
than all Destinations? I really just want to see the thing working BEFORE
I install SSL and /exchange/* destination rules etc