RE: Here we go again !

  • From: "David V. Dellanno" <ddellanno@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 09:42:39 -0400

Try these links, this can help you out.

First, always take a look under http://www.isaserver.org under
Tutorials!

Or

Publish Your Exchange Servers on the Internet Worry-Free!
http://tinyurl.com/ecuw

Or

Internet Security & Acceleration Server IT Events
http://tinyurl.com/ecuw

In short:

1.  When you are attempting to publish either a web service or a mail
service, the requirements are:  One external nic with a static public ip
(exp. 198.6.1.98) and one internal nic with a private static ip (exp.
10.0.0.1)

2.  To setup the listeners, authentication.  Open the ISA MMC and right
mouse click your ISA Server Name

Where?
Internet Security and Acceleration Server
        |_ Servers and Arrays
                |_ Server_Name

        Server_Name Properties window appears, click Incoming Web
Request tab, and select under Identification section "Configure
listeners indicidually per IP address"  There you have the ability to
configure the Authentication method you want.

3.  You don't have to disable the default packet filters, but I would
recommend to enable all the check boxes in the IP Packet Filters
Properties tabs (General, Packet Filters, Intrusion Detection and PPTP)

4. Your DNS question is a bit confusing, does your DNS server on another
provider have the appropriate A records to point to your external IP
address of your ISA?