HTTPS, Published Web Site, Firewall / Proxy Client

  • From: "Paul Crisp" <PCrisp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 15:42:34 -0000

Hi all,

OK got a slight situation here. Running ISA 2004 and have got web sites
published using port 80 and port 443 and from the outside world all is
accessible and working fine. A secure certificate is placed on the ISA
box on the listener and on the Web Server box and as I say all is
working fine from the outside world.

Today an internal person tried to access the published secure website
and the error 502 Proxy Error: 12202 error appears.
The internal persons machine is configured as a Firewall and Proxy
client and when we switch these settings to point to another ISA box in
another location, they can access the site without a problem. It appears
that if a client is sitting behind the original ISA box, then it doesn't
work and the error is produced.

If I trace the web server I am correctly issued the external IP address
of the ISA box, so traffic is effectively going out of the ISA box and
then coming back in to the same box.

Any clues where to look?

Regards

Paul Crisp