RE: Fw: [ISN] Firewalls a dangerous distraction says expert

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 00:55:56 -0400

Reading that article made me wonder a bit...  Doesn't he have a firewall
"of sorts" on each one of those host computers he is referring to?  It
leads me to believe that his interpretation of a "firewall" is limited
to a stereotypical hardware firewall.  One where you have no control
over what traffic goes where, you simply "open a port".

Introduce him to the concept of ISA, where you can tell what
ports/protocols/etc. are allowed to go to which servers from which end
stations...  He "might" change his tune.

At least we know he's not a hard-core Cisco fanatic.