External & Internal Address

  • From: "Faizal Khan" <mis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 16:21:37 -0400

Guys,

I need some help in some decisions here!  I have a DC that is registered
with say xyz.com as its internal mail server (exchange 2k), however I
recently obtained my external mail server being hosted overseas with the
same registration as my internal server.

My problem is I set up an external email address but I cannot get this
email to work since it cannot find the mail server.  From what I see it
is trying to utilize/resolve this from my internal server and hence the
server cannot be found.

Any ideas on how to tell the server it is an external email account?
Exchange is behind an ISA firewall.
Maybe a work around for a solution to use both or should I get another
domain name?

Thanks!

With Kind Regards,
Khan