Enterprise setup...

  • From: "Paul Laudenslager" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:47:45 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I'm about to setup my first ISA Enterprise Array.  I've setup ISA 2k4
Enterprise on (1) machine without problems, but now I'm ready to migrate to
have multiple machines for redundancy.

I've been following some ISA Tutorials lately but I'm a bit perplexed.  A
couple of ?s...

1.  Does the Container (Configuration) Server have to be as powerful as the
actual ISA services machines?

2.  Where are the logs files stored?  If they are on the Container server,
then that would mean an increase in disk space as well as ram on this
server.

I'm using the following hardware...

        Container - Dual 1Ghz - 18 Gigs RAID 1
        Firewall1 - Quad 2.4 - 135Mb RAID 5
        Firewall2 - Quad 2.4 - 80 Gigs RAID 1

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.  All comments/suggestions
are greatly appreciated.

Your friend in Virginia,
Paul Laudenslager
paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx