Re: DNS Server

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:23:47 -0800

This way...
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q291/6/62.ASP

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, 2K), A+, Network+, PCG

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Gower" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 09:18
Subject: [isalist] DNS Server

http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi All

Are there any problems with putting our DNS Server onto our ISA box?

Currently our DNS is behind ISA, but it is running on NT4 (which, for other
reasons cant be upgraded) and I would like to use the 2000 DNS server.  The
only spare 2000 machine I have is our ISA box - hence my question?

If it makes a difference, our DNS is primary DNS for many domains that we
host.

DO I need a different IP number on the ISA machine for the DNS or can I just
use its internal IP number?

Regards

Paul Gower
Technical Director