RE: DMZ publish

  • From: Glenn Maks <gmaks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:11:53 -0400

Let me understand this, first lets agree upon verbiage, DMZ, know as
de-militarized zone defines the IP space between your ISA's Internet
interface and lets say your
external router. You say you have three NICS, your Internet Interface,
(public assigned address) your LAN, which I am assuming is your private
network and what you
call your web, which again I am going to assume your intranet otherwise
known as a service network. First, your external interface on your ISA, the
one that points to
your ISP always needs a default route, with out it, how are packets going to
routed to your ISP and beyond, You mentioned you have a web server that sits
on your
DMZ, typically any offered services are protected behind a firewall, so I
would move your web server on to your Intranet, or your service network,
then the default route
on your web server should be the inside interface of your ISA server that
connects your service network. Then publish your web services using your ISA
server, finally,
close the project by doing some DNS work if you want to make your web server
know to the world.  Hope this helps, or perhaps I am not following your
description.